The chief coordinator of West Bengal Mr. Uday Gupta alongside vice coordinator Mr. Rajib Mondal lead a team of more than 340 members in Kolkata aka the city of joy. Apart from Kolkata, this West Bengal chapter is predominantly active in the districts namely Burdwan, Asansol, Darjeeling, Coochbehar, Nadia, Paschim Medinipur and the areas like Barrackpore and southern part of Kolkata. The city coordinators of their respective areas are –
- Burdwan: Mr. Bittu Koiri
- Asansol: Mr. Subhajit Karmakar
- Darjeeling (Siliguri): Miss Sayantika Barman
- Nadia: Mr. Sukhdev Ghosh
- Paschim Medinipur: Ms. Priyanka Das
- Barrackpore: Mr. Bibhash Das
- South Kolkata: Mr. Soumitra Jana
Rest of the districts are managed by our core team members. And thanks to all the team members of their respective areas to provide the helping hands towards this noble cause.
Details of Kolkata
- The Kolkata area is basically operated in two major areas on weekly basis.
- One of the major initiatives that was taken is the establishment of smart learning centre in Laketown. The centre is enabled with STEM based methodology.
- Laketown Learning Centre was inaugurated by our respected Bhunesh Sharma sir.
- Kolkata 1st meet up was with beloved Bhunesh Sharma sir, Ankit Awashti sir, Sahil Khandelwal sir, Neeraj Jangid sir, Harsh Bardhan Singh sir, Deepak Tirthyani sir and Shipra Chouhan ma’am.
- Kolkata area is also operational in the slum area of Ahiritola and Dakshindari.
- Total number of benefitted children is 50 among which 30 students attend the evening classes.
- Team is planning to admit around 50 students into school in coming time.
- Students actively participate in various extracurricular activities like drawing, dance, yoga and different sports activities along with studies in both the centres.
- Celebrations – Independence Day, Teachers’ Day, Durga Puja festival, Gandhi Jayanti, Diwali, Children’s Day, Christmas and so on.
- School kits, bags and sanitary napkins for students were distributed with the collaboration of Rotary Club, Kolkata.
- A cloth distribution drive was organized by team Kolkata on 12th December, 2021 with the partnership of Maya Cloth Bank. Clothes were distributed among the poor and needy people in entire Kolkata.
Details of Burdwan
- The learning centre in Burdwan is situated in Lakshmipur Math.
- Evening classes are conducted on every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday between 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Total 10 children are getting benefitted from these classes.
- Team Burdwan is even planning to admit 5 kids into school.
- On 21st of November, 2021 books and stationary equipment were distributed among the students.
- Team members celebrated Independence Day with the students.
Details of Asansol
- Asansol area is mainly functional in the areas like Kalipahari, Burnpur and Barakar.
- Barakar area is beautifully managed by Mrs. Gauri Kumari ma’am where 15 students are getting benefitted with the facilities availed by team SFA.
- On the other hand, total number of benefitted students in the entire Asansol area is 43.
- Morning classes are held on every Sunday between 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- On 5th December, 2021, meal was distributed among the students.
- Stationaries and school kits also distributed.
- Cloth drive was conducted on 19th December, 2021 in Asansol, Burnpur and Ghagarpuri area.
Details of Darjeeling/Siliguri
- Survey was conducted in Gosaipur with 15 children in the month of August.
- Morning classes are held on regular basis at around 11 a.m.
- Cloth drive was organized by team Darjeeling on 25th December, 2021.
- Snacks were distributed among the students on the occasion of Diwali.